Friday, July 15, 2011

It's 'D' Day.

I was one of those people who swore I would never give my kids a dummy. Needless to say that lasted about 24 hours after Shannyn was born! Shannyn loved her dummy, but didn't put up much of a fight when we told her that she was getting too big to have them. She was almost three at the time and when the last dummy got conveniently 'lost', that was the end of it.

Ashlee is a different story. She is almost territorial with her dummies. They have a special container on her shelf where they 'live', and she always has one either in her mouth or close at hand.
Ashlee with her constant companion - and yes, she fell asleep like this!

I have written before about Ashlee's words, but in the last few months her vocab has expanded really well. The only problem is they are being muffled behind the 'pipe'.

So today is the day. We have tried explaining (as much as you can to a munchkin who is nearly three) that dummy will now only be for bedtime and car trips. So far I have been grizzled at for her dummy about 50 times, but hopefully some distraction with play dough etc will work. Wish me luck - I think I'm in for a rough ride!

Come and join in with the floggers over at Where's My Glow? I am!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...