Baked Tuna Risotto
This recipe ticks all the right boxes for me -
* It's really easy
* All the ingredients are easy to get and inexpensive
* After some small preparation, you chuck it in the oven and forget about it!
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 finely chopped Onion
- 1 finely chopped Garlic Clove optional
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 180 g Arborio rice
- 375 ml chicken stock or water
- 400 g can Roma tomatoes chopped
- 185 g can Tuna in spring water
- 3 Zucchinis finely sliced (I dont use this many, usually just two med. size)
- freshly ground Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Flat-leaf parsley
- shaved Parmesan optional (Please add this - it makes the dish!)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Heat a three litre (twelve cup) capacity ovenproof dish (with a lid) over a medium heat.
- Add the olive oil, onion, garlic and sea salt and stir for five minutes, or until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the rice to the dish and stir for another minute.
- Add the stock or water and the chopped tomatoes and bring to simmering point.
- Stir in the tuna, zucchini and season with black pepper.
- Cover the dish and bake the risotto for thirty minutes, or until the rice is cooked.
- Scatter parsley over the top, sprinkle with finely grated Parmesan if desired, and serve in the dish.
|Completely easy and Yum!|