Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thankful Thursday - a baby no longer....

In two days time my little girl will be turning three. My baby, she represents a lot of closure for me. We knew that we would be stopping at two children, so I suppose in a way I was saying goodbye to pregnancy, giving birth, breastfeeding and all the warm and fuzzy things that comes with having a newborn. I am thankful I was blessed with two healthy, happy babies.


I am also thankful we have scraped through the "terrible two's", albeit just barely at times. Who knows what the "threes" will bring, but I know this much - with this kid, it will be anything but dull! I have posted before about how different my girls are - Ashlee is definitely the harder child at this age - she certainly challenges me in ways Shannyn never did.


So today, my darling Ashlee, a baby no longer, I am thankful for you. For your smiles, your laughs, your cuddles and kisses. Your tears, your cries and the fact that every day you challenge me to play more, imagine more, see the world through the innocent eyes of a child, and open myself up to the greatest love anyone can ever know....

To be your Mum.

How does it go so fast?
Linking up with Kate for Thankful Thursday! Come and join the fun!


 



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...