Monday, October 3, 2011

How the Other Half live.....

As a footy fan, there are some universal truths you learn pretty early on;

1) The hot food will be cold, and the beer will be lukewarm at best.
2) Footwear must be able to survive puddles, mud, spilt food and being trodden on as you navigate the crowds.
3) Grand final tickets are worth their weight in GOLD.

 
I felt like a tourist as I wandered around the corporate marquee on Saturday, discreetly trying to capture how 'the other half' celebrate a Grand Final. The free booze was flowing, the band was playing smooth jazz, ladies in smart trench coats and men in suits sipping lattes and being fed scallops and cheese platters.
I could SO get used to that! On to game time, and with the help of complimentary GF records and ponchos, even the most clueless attendee felt ready to slip into their seats for the big game....

With the best seats in the house (under cover and padded!) I was only mildly devestated that my team didn't come out the victors on the day. I can only image the party that was raging in the marquee late into the night as my Father and I wandered back to Flinders Street comtemplating what might have been....
The dilemma I now face is how to repay the generosity of the person who gifted us this experience  - any suggestions?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...