Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thankful Thursday - the school edition

My big girl started Prep today. I felt different than I thought I would. The whole week I was anxious, not for her, but afraid I would forget to pack something, do something that she needed.
I find it hard to fathom sometimes, how much she has changed in the last year. She is nearly six now, so much more confident, independent, than I sometimes giver her credit for. There were no nervous tears as she entered the classroom, no clingy goodbyes - only a slightly overwhelmed look as it hit home to all of us how much this changes everything.




Today I am thankful for the new world of experience and opportunity that is opening up. I am thankful that the school we have chosen has a great reputation for happy, successful, community aware children.
I am thankful that Shannyn has five girls in her class that were at Kinder with her last year to make transition a little easier. And I am thankful for the well wishes of many friends and family, such a big day is to be celebrated!

Come and find out what else people are thankful for today at Kate Says Stuff!

                                              
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...