Monday, February 20, 2012

The last time I listened to modern music THESE guys were popular....






     I don't listen to the radio very much, just in the car on the way and from work, picking the kids up from school, you get the idea. My dear friend who is tying the knot in April has asked me to put together a play list of songs so we can all have a groove at the end of the night.

     They are not hiring a band or DJ, as family friends play in a string ensemble and have offered to play for the ceremony and as background music for the reception. It would be hard, however, to imagine an acoustic guitar and violin doing much justice to the Nutbush.

     Here is where I get stuck. Once you get past your 'must haves' (AKA anything that has repetitive dance moves that everyone except Aunty Val knows) I have absolutely NO knowledge of what is on the charts at the moment. From what I can gather, the guest list is mainly older family members and friends who are similar age to myself. I think I would be fairly safe to include lots of 80's and 90's stuff, but would like to get some new tracks in there too.

     So this is where I need your help. I would love to hear what would make you run to the dancefloor and not leave. Any songs I should avoid if I don't want to commit musical suicide? The bride and groom have pretty much given me a blank slate - HMMM, where to start?

       
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...