Sunday, May 8, 2011

Good on ya Mum!

Photo courtesy of http://weheartit.com/
I would love to say that the picture on the right is what greeted me this morning - but given my recent sugar ban would have been very mad at myself for devouring the lot!
No breakfast in bed for me either, in fact I was out the door before the kids were up today - and for a very special reason.
My two girlfriends and I braved the chilly Melbourne morning air to join the 40,000 (yes that's fourty THOUSAND) others taking part in the Mother's Day Classic. We heard tales of both loss and hope, and then took to the TAN for our 4K walk to raise funds and awareness for Breast Cancer Research. It was a wonderful way to start the day, and I hope to be able to join in again next year.
I am lucky enough to have my Mum just a stone's throw away from us, and I cannot thank her enough for what she does for our family. She is almost like my anchor, I rely on her guidance and opinion a lot, (even if I don't always agree with it!) - and I hate to imagine how we would cope if we lost her.
So I send a huge hug to all the mums out there, and to all those who cannot hug theirs today.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...