Sunday, September 11, 2011

Singing & Pinning - 9/11 We Remember

If you ask most people my age where they were when they heard the news that a plane had hit the World Trade Centre, they could tell you. I was in my car driving to work, the radio announcers voice breaking as he had to let the world know that on a clear September morning - it would change forever.
This song for me became synonymous with the bravery, resilience and spirit of the people of New York after that day. It was played a number of times on radio over here, I found myself sitting in my car one lunchtime, tears silently making tracks down my cheeks as the enormity of what this meant sunk in.





One day I will get to visit this city that is such an icon, and I hope to be able to pay my respects to all those whose lives were lost, and forever changed that day.



Source: google.com via Angela on Pinterest


Source: google.com via Lydia on Pinterest


Pop over and visit 5 Minutes just for Me to play along with your favourite Pinterest images, or song clips!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...