Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It's the end of the world as we know it, and maybethe start of a new one...

With all the recent earthquake/flood/volcano activity and recent political unrest it really makes you wonder if the the world is trying to tell us something. It sounds totally rediculous to me now, but a few months ago I got really terrified by the whole 21.12.2012 theories - I spent more than a few nights lying awake pondering what is humankinds (and closer to home -  myself and my family's) fate?
I came to a conclusion one day which was; who the hell knows? I realised that the only thing I have control over is how I choose to live my life, so I stopped searching for proof/disproof of what could happen in the future and started giving thanks that I have the opportunity to live today........
To all who have been affected by the tragedy in Christchurch, you are in my thoughts, and may we all recognize the true heroes and role models of this world - the men and women of the SES, search and rescue etc, who put their lives on the line for total strangers everyday.
If we can all, just for a small moment once in a while, stop and appreciate what a miracle it is we are all here, we may start to live a more peaceful life.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...